The Tauranga Club is the only private members, corporate function centre and restaurant in Tauranga.
With panoramic views of the harbour, our exclusive real estate is a much sort after venue for high-end corporate events.
The Tauranga Club has reciprocal arrangements with other prestigious major city clubs New Zealand wide.
There are three well defined and individuals spaces for members and guests. All are overlooking magnificent harbour views.
The Club’s facilities also include:
- A la carte restaurant
- Lounge and reception area
- Full bar facilities
- Conference rooms
- Boutique gym
- Free car-parking
- Free Wi-Fi
These facilities provide a perfect place for members to:
- Hold business meetings, functions, and small conferences in our private function rooms
- Host weddings or large events with exclusive use for up to 300 people (110 seated)
- Share meals or drinks with clients and friends
- Enjoy the peace and tranquillity in the heart of the city
- Exercise in the gym
The professional team will ensure you receive the best service whilst respecting your privacy.
They are experienced and can help you develop the occasion or event you have in mind.
- While members are still mainly corporate and professional people, the emphasis of the Club has altered to meet today’s changing lifestyles.
- The Tauranga Club currently has in excess of 500 members and spouses/partners are offered full use of the Club facilities
- From its founding, there have been many well known Tauranga names associated with the Club
Member Benefits Programme
Our members enjoy our rewards programme giving 10% back on every purchase made at the Club.
The programme covers private dining, corporate functions, casual restaurant and bar purchases, and includes anything your guests pay for also.
The amount is added to your rewards card for you to use at any time as if it was cash.
It’s our way of saying “thank you” and rewarding our members for referral business they bring to the Club.
On Monday, 2nd April 1894, The Bay of Plenty Times reported that a meeting of gentlemen was held in the Tauranga Hotel to establish a social organisation to be named the “Tauranga Club”. The subscription was set at one guinea. Mr H.B. Johnston was elected as the founding President with Colonel Roberts as Vice President.
On 4th June 1894, it was reported the first meeting of the Club was held in a comfortably furnished room at the Star Hotel on Devonport Road.
During the late 1920’s The Tauranga Club moved to its present site at 72 Devonport Road (the exact date is uncertain).
In 2002 the development of the Devonport Towers began. Up until this point, The Club had owned the site for almost 80 years.
- The Devonport Towers are 15 levels high and contain 50 apartments and “The Hotel on Devonport” with 42 rooms
- As a condition of the sale, an agreement was made to situate the Tauranga Club on Level 5 of the Devonport Towers and for the restaurant/bar in The Tauranga Club to provide catering to hotel guests
- The new Tauranga Club was opened in September 2004
- The Club boasts one of the best views of the Tauranga Harbour. The view it has always had since its inception in 1894